Chris is one of the founding partners of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and went to work for a Property & Casualty Insurance Company adjusting claims.
Knowing that he wanted to help injured people through difficult times, Chris moved to the Twin Cites where he attended Hamline University School of Law. While attending Hamline, he joined a well-known Twin Cities law firm where he began that venture. In 2007, Johnston | Martineau, PLLP was formed.
Over his career, Chris has handled numerous and complicated death cases, injuries caused by drunk drivers, injuries caused by collisions with semi-trucks, injuries caused by negligent skiers, complicated and serious slip and fall cases, trip and fall cases, negligent property maintenance, as well as injuries caused by everyday automobile accidents.
In addition to personal injury cases, Chris also brings cases against debt collectors and his/her employer(s) for abusive, deceptive, and just plain unfair debt collection practices. He takes great pride in knowing that over the years, he has been able to help families and loved ones achieve a level of normalcy after suffering traumatic, painful, embarrassing, and often times burdensome losses and treatment caused by others.
Chris and his family call the Como Park neighborhood home. He enjoys spending time with his wife and two kids, other family, and friends, especially in the summer during grilling season. He also enjoys exercising, painting oils, boating with the family, and trying to maintain the yard.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
• Automobile Accidents
• Boating Accidents
• Collisions with Semi-Trucks
• Construction Accidents
• Death Cases (Wrongful Death)
• Cases Involving Drunk Drivers
• Negligent Skiers
• Slip and Fall Injuries
• Injuries from Improper Maintenance of Someone’s Property
• Injuries from Dangerous Conditions of Someone’s Property
TYPE OF DEBT COLLECTOR HARRASSMENT CHRIS HANDLES
Calls from a Debt Collector for Consumer Debt
• Examples Include, but is not limited to, the following:
– Credit Card Debt
– Medical Treatment/Bills Debt
– Student Loan Debt
– Other Loans for Consumer Goods
– Debt Incurred for You or Your Household Personally and Not for any Sort of Business Purposes
Any other type of Communication for a Debt Collector
• U.S. District Court – District of Minnesota
• Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
• University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
• Professional Associations and Memberships
• Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
• Minnesota Association for Justice, Member
“Chris Martineau is a great lawyer. He was very helpful and explained everything to very well. Chris Johnston is a great person as well. Both are very kind and understanding people. I would recommend them to any one.”
“Chris Johnston and Chris Martineau are smart, committed, and honest attorneys who work hard for their clients and care about their community.”
“Very knowledgeable, timely responses and Chris always had my best interest in mind. Highly recommend.”
For directions to our office, please click on the map image above.
By appt. only
100 S. 5th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Main Phone: 651-ANY-TIME
Hmong Line: 612-499-6892
Toll Free: 877-791-7790
Office fax: 612-379-0480