Bicycle Accident Lawyer St. Paul MN
If you’re a bicyclist who was injured through no fault of your own, contact Johnston | Martineau, PLLP to consult a top bicycle accident lawyer St. Paul MN offers. When you need an experienced personal injury attorney, our legal team may be able to help you protect your rights and you recover your damages.
Bicyclists can be especially vulnerable to serious injuries from bike accidents. Because bicyclists are exposed to the dangers of car traffic without the protection of a vehicle, injuries and their associated medical costs can be astronomical. This is why it may be advantageous to hire a bicycle accident lawyer in St. Paul MN. The attorneys at Johnston | Martineau, PLLP have years of experience helping riders who were injured through no fault of their own.
When to Hire a St. Paul MN Bicycle Accident Lawyer
As a bicyclist, you may need to hire the services of a St. Paul MN bicycle accident lawyer for any of several reasons. Bike riders can be injured under a variety of circumstances including:
1. A motorist or another bicyclist acted negligently and caused an avoidable accident. Unfortunately, this happens quite frequently. Even if a rider wears protective gear, there is no certainty that they’ll avoid serious injury.
- If a motorist caused the injury, their insurance company will be liable for damages. If they do not have insurance, or a sufficient coverage, your attorney may be able to seize their personal assets.
- If another bicyclist was at fault for the accident, their homeowners’ policy may provide coverage. If not, they may have to pay you out of pocket or liquidate their assets. Wage garnishment is another option.
2. The bicycle may have a defective part, in which case the manufacturer may be held liable for your injury. A bicycle accident lawyer St. Paul MN riders turn to can review your case and determine if it has merit.
- A class-action lawsuit may be appropriate if the defective part has caused a substantial number of serious injuries.
- Even in single-incident personal injury cases, the parts manufacturer can be held responsible for damages.
- In certain cases, the parts distributor and retailer can be held responsible in addition to the manufacturer. Defective product cases can be complicated because they often involve multiple parties and require tremendous resources to pursue. Due to the potential for a substantial settlement, it’s important to hire a bicycle accident lawyer St. Paul MN trusts.
3. Unsafe road conditions may have caused your accident. Those responsible for repairing and maintaining the safety of that road might be held accountable for your injuries.
- A bicycle accident lawyer St. Paul MN personal injury victims hire may file a claim against the municipality or state entity responsible.
- If a motorist or commercial trucker dropped debris onto the road, which resulted in your accident, they may be held responsible.
Call Johnston | Martineau, PLLP today to schedule a free case review with an experienced bicycle accident lawyer St. Paul MN respects, and we want to help you recover your damages.