Truck Accident Lawyer St. Paul MN
After suffering injuries in a truck accident that was not your fault, you may want to speak with a truck accident lawyer St. Paul MN trusts. The attorneys of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP have years of experience helping accident victims recover their damages from negligent parties.
A St. Paul MN truck accident lawyer may determine which party, or parties, could be responsible for paying your accident-related costs. The attorneys of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP have learned from experience that truck accident lawsuits can involve more than just the driver. Call us today to schedule a complimentary case review to help discover your options. The following general information may be helpful to you in the interim.
Who can be held responsible in a truck accident?
When a commercial trucking company owns the vehicle, it’s most often the company that’s held responsible, rather than the driver. However, there are exceptions, and additional parties may be included as co-defendants. Truck accident cases can be very complex. After reviewing your case, a truck accident lawyer St. Paul MN drivers turn to can clarify who should be named as a defendant. Your case may be different, but these are common scenarios:
- The driver is named as a co-defendant because of the circumstances.
- If a defective part is involved (such as faulty brakes, turn lights, etc.), then the parts manufacturer and possibly the distributor may be included in the litigation proceedings.
- If roadway debris contributed to the accident, the party responsible for dropping the debris may also be held accountable.
- If roadway conditions, such as a notoriously dangerous curve, contributed to the accident, the municipality or state responsible for designing and/or maintaining that roadway may be included as a defendant. Laws can vary when it comes to government entities and liability cases. A top truck accident lawyer St. Paul MN provides may explain how those laws might affect your case.
Holding Negligent Truck Drivers and their Trucking Company Responsible
Trucking companies and their drivers are held to higher safety standards than drivers of personal vehicles. Working with a truck accident lawyer St. Paul MN drivers hire for their knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations may be extremely important. A claim or lawsuit involving in a trucking company must establish these critical points:
- What factor or factors caused the accident to occur?
- Which party or parties was responsible for these factors?
- Were these factors reasonably avoidable?
- What injuries to the victim were caused as a direct result of the accident?
- What are the associated costs of those injuries?
There may be several answers to each question, which is why it’s important to meet with a truck accident lawyer in St. Paul MN who can review the circumstances of your accident. The attorneys of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP may help to determine the strength of your case, and the settlement or award amount you can reasonably expect if your case is won in court, or a settlement is reached.
Hiring an Experienced Attorney
Truck accident lawsuits can get complicated quickly. When you’ve been injured through no fault of your own, you want an attorney who has successfully litigated similar cases. Call the law firm of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP today for a top truck accident lawyer St. Paul MN respects.