Truck Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN
Truck Accident Lawyers
If you have been involved in a truck accident you may be worried about the future and the financial effects it may create, which is why you need to call a truck accident lawyer Minneapolis, MN trusts today. If you were practicing safe driving techniques and the accident was due to the negligence of the commercial truck driver, you are entitled to receive full compensation. Truck accidents tend to be much more complex than normal automobile accidents. That is why it is highly suggested that you seek the legal counsel from a skilled truck accident lawyer serving Minneapolis, MN at Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P.. For many years, we have helped numerous clients in Minneapolis, MN gain the compensation that they deserve for their injuries and personal damages. We are dedicated to fighting for our clients rights and will utilize our resources to properly investigate and handle your case.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, up to 87% of all big-rig or truck accidents were a result of negligence. Examples include:
- Poor decision making
- Unfamiliarity with the roads
- Poor braking
- Substance use
Roughly 10 percent are caused by vehicle defects, brake defects, and maintenance problems. The remaining 3 percent can be attributed to the weather or poor road conditions.
The U.S. Trucking Industry
In the U.S. commercial trucks are relied upon by nearly all commercial retailers. These vehicles have a duty to get products from one destination to another and in a timely manner. It’s a trillion dollar business and accounts for more than 10 percent of the United States GDP. This also means the truck industry is controlled by massive corporations and influenced by lobbyists, politics, and other factors. This type of power is important to understand, and can have a role in why the accident occurred and how the case might be handled in the legal process. Without a good truck accident lawyer in Minneapolis, MN on your side, there is a very good chance that your case will not be evaluated with your rights or needs in mind.
After contacting Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P., an experienced and tenacious Minneapolis, MN truck accident lawyer will immediately begin to formulate a lawsuit strategy. It is important to contact experienced lawyers as quickly as possible so that you are legally protected and to gather as much evidence as possible. The beginning stages for our lawyers may include:
- Investigating the scene of the accident
- Collecting police reports of the incident
- Getting the records from the trucking company
- Contacting witnesses
- Gathering as much evidence as possible
- Contacting the trucking companies insurance provider
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance companies
Once the case is fully developed, a seasoned truck accident lawyer for Minneapolis, MN can demand for maximum compensation on your behalf to cover personal injury and property damage.
Creating a Successful Case
Litigating a truck accident case to the fullest extent can be an expensive and daunting undertaking. That is why it is important to seek the help of a law firm that has the money, resources and experience handling these large truck accident cases. At Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P., we have the resources and experience to properly defend your case. Other factors that affect a firm’s ability to conduct a case include:
- Identifying all of the insurance providers involved: Commercial truck accidents typically involve multiple lines of insurance coverage allowing the law firm to hold all parties involved, responsible for the negligent actions. For example, the trailer and the truck are normally owned by two separate organizations and have their own coverage. Both of these carriers could be held responsible for your damages. When involving multiple insurance companies, extensive investigation and testimonies from expert witnesses may be needed in order to defend your case.
- Investigating the case and finding the facts: Since there are so many additional factors involved with commercial truck accidents, it is important to have a thorough investigation completed. When discussing your case with a truck accident lawyer in Minneapolis, MN from Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. it is important to tell them everything you know to help with the investigation.
Our team of attorneys will work diligently to help you receive the compensation that you deserve and provide legal counsel every step of the way.
Get the Right Help
At, Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. we make it our priority to defend your rights and receive the compensation that you deserve. To the best legal team on your side, call on the attorneys of Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. when you need a top truck accident lawyer Minneapolis, MN trusts. Attorneys Christopher Johnston and Christopher Martineau have helped thousands of motorists who were harmed in accidents caused by commercial trucks.
Fighting the deep pockets of a commercial trucking company can be challenging without the help of a Minneapolis truck accident lawyer. Our legal team has the experience to overcome those challenges and recover maximum damages for our clients. Call us today at (651) 269-8463 to make an appointment for a free consultation. If your injury makes it difficult to come to our office, one of our attorneys may be able to meet with you in the hospital.
Cases We Have Handled
A truck accident lawyer Minneapolis MN trusts and relies on from Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. has handled a broad range of cases; most of these involve:
- Rear end accidents
- Intersection collisions
- Left hand turn collisions
- Head on impacts
- Tire blowouts
- Tanker explosions
- Brake malfunctions
Injuries Sustained in Truck Accidents Are Often Extremely Serious
If you’re recovering from an injury from a truck accident caused by a negligent driver, the injury may be more serious than you realize. It can leave permanent scarring or cause a lifetime of pain and discomfort. Did you know that you may qualify for compensation as a result, in addition to your medical costs? A truck accident lawyer in Minneapolis, MN may be able to help you receive more than just remuneration for your medical bills from the accident.
Many of our clients sustained injuries such as:
- Head trauma
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limb
- Severe burns
- Multiple bone fractures
- Collapsed lung
- Internal injuries
- Joint injuries
Each Minneapolis MN truck accident lawyer from Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. has represented motorists, passengers, bicyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians who were injured in commercial truck accident. We may also help clients to get medical care from the most esteemed doctors who not only offer treatment and support, but may be ready to testify in court.
For a consultation with a truck accident lawyer Minneapolis MN trusts, call Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. now.
Fair Compensation for Accident-Related Damages
Damages are not limited to hospital bills and medications. An experienced truck accident lawyer Minneapolis, MN victims trust should recognize all of the damages that you’ve suffered and proceed accordingly.
After proving that the truck driver was negligent for causing the accident, your attorney may present a thorough and complete list of damages to the insurance company. As a truck accident lawyer Minneapolis, MN residents rely on would attest, common damages may include any or all of the following:
- Medical costs including ambulance transportation, surgery, physical therapy, and medications, etc.
- Complete or partial loss of earnings capacity. For a set time after the accident, this may qualify as damages.
- Physical pain due to your injury. The attorneys at Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. may help to assess the financial value of something that is difficult to assess from a cost perspective.
- Mental anguish. A truck accident lawyer Minneapolis, MN locals hire in similar circumstances may argue for compensation if their client suffers from mental anguish. For example, a truck accident victim may be afraid to drive because he or she suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder after the crash.
- Scarring or other permanent physical disfigurement.
- Physical impairment. An example of this could be a permanent limp due to the accident injury.
Attorneys Christopher Johnston and Christopher Martineau have represented many victims injured through no fault of their own. If a commercial truck driver is responsible for your injuries, you deserve fair compensation. Call us at Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. you would like to speak with a skilled truck accident lawyer Minneapolis, MN families rely on today!
The Minneapolis MN truck accident lawyers at Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. have been representing families and individuals who suffered extensive harm or died in a collision involving a commercial truck. Unlike other types of vehicular accident cases, truck accident cases tend to be more challenging because there are often multiple parties involved, such as the driver of the truck, the owner of the truck, the owner of the trailer, the truck company, the driver’s employer, and so forth.
Even with such challenges, a Minneapolis MN truck accident lawyer from our law firm understands how to navigate them with confidence and ease. When you choose Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P., please know that we:
- Are well versed in federal and state safety regulations and other commercial truck regulations
- Have successfully won truck accident claims and lawsuits throughout
- Are equipped with the necessary resources, manpower, time, and patience to investigate the case
- Know how insurance companies and truck companies work
- Don’t back down to large legal teams fighting for the defendant
- Will be ready to go to trial
- Won’t settle for less than maximum damages
If you would like to discuss the case and your legal options, please call a Minneapolis MN truck accident lawyer today for a free case review.