Wrongful Death Attorney Minneapolis MN
What are the most common causes of wrongful death?
A wrongful death occurs when someone is killed due to another person’s negligence, as a wrongful death lawyer Minneapolis MN residents trust can attest. Let’s take a closer look some of the most common causes of wrongful death:
- Car Accidents: A large number of wrongful deaths result from car accidents, as a wrongful death lawyer in Minneapolis MN can confirm. While some of these accidents are caused by unforeseen circumstances, like poor road conditions, many others are due to driver error. Drivers who cause accidents may be distracted, fatigued, speeding, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Medical Malpractice: Even the most highly skilled medical professionals can make mistakes. Unfortunately, some of these mistakes can result in deaths, as a wrongful death lawyer Minneapolis MN clients respect can verify. The most common types of medical malpractice include surgical errors, misdiagnosis and anesthesia errors. If a wrongful death lawyer Minneapolis MN offers can prove that a medical professional was negligent, the surviving family members may be able to recover damages associated with the loss of their loved one.
- Workplace Accidents: Fatal accidents can happen in all types of work environments, even seemingly safe offices. For example, an object may fall from a shelf and land on top of an employee. That in turn can result in a fatal head injury. Others types of workplace accidents that can lead to death include machine entanglement, explosions, vehicle accidents and assault. To avoid potentially deadly accidents, it’s important for employers to obey safety regulations and make sure there aren’t any hazards in the workplace.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians do not have any protection when struck by a moving vehicle, so they may likely be seriously injured or killed. Common causes of pedestrian accidents include lack of pedestrian walkways, speeding, and a limited field of vision. While anyone can be involved in a pedestrian accident, children and senior citizens are at higher risk because of their physical vulnerability.
- Products Liability: Designers and manufacturers of products are responsible for making sure their products are safe for the public. If they fail to do this, fatalities can happen. Deaths may occur from a defective manufacturing process, faulty design, or failure to warn against possible injuries or death. A wrongful death lawyer Minneapolis MN resident rely on has represented surviving family members of victims of products liability.
- Criminal Acts: Criminal acts can also result in wrongful deaths. The defendant doesn’t just face criminal charges; he or she may also be sued by a victim’s surviving family member. A Minneapolis wrongful death lawyer may help these family members bring a lawsuit against the defendant to recover various damages such as medical expenses, funeral costs, and loss of earnings.
- Truck Accidents: Commercial trucks are large and heavy vehicles that all too often cause severe injuries and fatalities in accidents, as a wrongful death lawyer Minneapolis MN residents depend on can explain. Head injuries are one of the most deadly injuries that might result from a truck accident. These injuries occur when a blunt force impacts the head.
If a loved one died due to someone else’s negligence, you may be wondering if you should hire a wrongful death lawyer Minneapolis MN respects. Attorneys Christopher Johnston and Christopher Martineau of Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. can help you decide if legal action is in your family’s best interest.
Losing a loved one is never easy. Pursuing legal action against the person responsible for their death also isn’t easy, but the legal team of Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. may make the process go as smoothly as possible. When you need a trusted Minneapolis MN wrongful death lawyer, we may be able to help.
Do You Really Need an Attorney?
To help you decide if legal action should be taken after losing a loved one, it may be beneficial to speak with an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Minneapolis MN. At Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P., we offer a free consultation with one of our attorneys who can review your case with no obligation.
The Role of a Wrongful Death Lawyer Minneapolis MN Families Trust
After a loved one dies under avoidable circumstances, not every family wants to pursue legal action. It can be mentally and emotionally exhausting to file an accident claim or lawsuit. Having an experienced lawyer to handle the details could make all the difference. There are several reasons for this:
- A knowledgeable wrongful death lawyer Minneapolis MN residents turn to understands the laws that pertain to these cases. Attorneys Christopher Johnston and Christopher Martineau of Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. may be able to anticipate what the defense’s strategy could be and prepare accordingly.
- As a legal professional, your attorney is not in mourning. With a clear head, your attorney can present a strong case and may offer the best chance at receiving fair compensation for the loss of your loved one.
- An attorney can determine all of the parties who should be held accountable, not just the one or two who have already been identified.Attorneys Christopher Johnston and Christopher Martineau have already helped thousands of accident victims, and know where to look to find all the responsible parties in a wrongful death suit.
- An experienced wrongful death lawyer Minneapolis MN insurance companies take seriously can expedite a claim or lawsuit to minimize significant delays. This may result in the plaintiff’s family or estate receiving compensation as soon as possible, and they can begin the healing process by putting the claim or lawsuit behind them.
- Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. knows what deadlines must be met and how to satisfy the legal requirements of a wrongful death suit. One of the most important deadlines is the statute of limitations. Our legal team makes sure this and other deadlines are always met for our clients.
- A successful wrongful death lawyer may have a professional network of experts with whom they work to prepare the strongest possible case.This may include accident investigators, as well as medical experts and others.
When you need a wrongful death lawyer Minneapolis MN locals rely on to protect their rights, call the legal firm of Johnston | Martineau, P.L.L.P. without delay.