Car Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN
If you were injured in a car accident, you may want to speak to a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN depends on. The attorneys from Johnston Martineau Attorneys at Law are available to discuss the details of your case and what legal options you may have against the driver who was responsible for the accident that caused your injuries.
Every Minneapolis car accident lawyer at this firm works hard for all their clients to make sure their rights are protected. With a skilled car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN clients recommend by your side, you may be able to obtain the compensation you deserve. Talk to one of our attorneys during a complimentary initial consultation to review your case.
Recoverable Damages in Car Accident Lawsuits
When you file a lawsuit after a car accident, your goal is to have the at-fault driver pay you for the damages you suffered. An experienced car accident lawyer in Minneapolis MN may help you gather necessary evidence and build a strong defense so that you have a good chance of winning your case:
- A seasoned car accident lawyer in Minneapolis MN understands what types of evidence should be gathered, and how to collect it so that it can entered into court.
- This evidence not only includes details of the accident, but also any and all medical records which verify the extent of your injuries.
- Additional evidence your car accident lawyer in Minneapolis MN may collect is determined by what damages you are seeking to recover from the other driver.
Let’s take a look at some of the damages you may recover in a car accident lawsuit:
1. Medical Treatments: There are many injuries you may suffer in a car accident, ranging from minor ones to injuries which leave a permanent disability. Many car accident victims often sustain more than one injury in a crash. Whether you suffered broken bones, head injury, or other type of injury during a car accident, you may require medical attention. Whatever medical treatments are required are expenses that you may be able to collect in a car accident claim. An experienced car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN residents rely on can explain what medical expenses may be covered, but typically these expenses can include:
- Ambulance transport
- Emergency room treatment
- Medical tests
- Doctor’s visits
- Mental, occupational, or physical therapy
- Medical equipment, such as wheelchairs, crutches, etc.
- Costs to travel to and from medical appointments
If your injuries are long-term and will require future medical treatments, a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN provides may be able to obtain compensation for those expenses too.
2. Lost Wages: When a victim suffers serious or severe injuries, they likely will miss time from work. Even so-called minor injuries can result in a person missing a few days of work depending on the type of work they do. A victim may have only a limited amount of sick and/or vacation time and suddenly find that because they are unable to work, they no longer have a paycheck. This can be financially devastating to a person who is trying to recover and heal from their injuries.
If you have had to take time off from work for your injuries, your car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN respects may be able to help you recover lost wages.
There are additional situations for which you may also be able to collect for lost wages. For example, if the injuries you sustained have left you permanently disabled and unable to return to your job, you may be able to obtain damages for your future earning capacity loss. Speak with a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN turns to from Johnston Martineau Attorneys at Law. He or she can review the specifics of your unique case and offer legal guidance.
Another example is if a victim had the opportunity to be promoted at their job, involving a pay raise, but had to turn down the promotion or they were passed over because they were still recovering from their injuries and unable to return to work in time. An attorney may be able to collect those damages for you.
3. Pain and Suffering: Car accidents can be traumatic experiences, and sustaining injuries often only compounds that emotional trauma. Not only may a victim be dealing with the physical pain their injuries are causing, but they may also be dealing with emotional distress. It is also not uncommon for car accident victims to suffer from depression, anxiety, or stress caused by the whole experience.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, it may be possible for a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN trusts to get you compensation for the pain and suffering you have suffered.
Unlike other damages, which are determined by using actual financial amounts, financial damages for pain and suffering are arrived by using several factors, including the seriousness of the injuries and the future prognosis for the victim.
4. Vehicle Damage: If your vehicle was damaged during the accident, make sure to keep copies of the bills or estimates from your mechanic. If you win your car accident lawsuit, you might be able to get compensated for your costs.
How a Car Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN Depends Can Help
Filing a car accident lawsuit by yourself can be confusing and intimidating if you don’t have experience in the legal field. You might make a mistake and slow down the entire process. That’s why it is so important to have a skilled Minneapolis car accident lawyer by your side. A lawyer can help you gather all the necessary evidence and walk you through the legal process.
At Johnston Martineau Attorneys at Law, we truly care about our clients and want to see them receive justice. If you work with a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN relies on from our firm, he or she can carefully evaluate your case and determine the best way to move forward.
It’s never too early to hire a lawyer to take your car accident case. If you are searching for a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN offers, contact Johnston Martineau Attorneys at Law at (651) 504-1398.