Elder Law Lawyer Minneapolis, MN
Preparing for future life events can be a daunting task, as an elder law lawyer that Minneapolis, MN residents rely on understands very well. It’s important to make the required arrangements so that your values and wishes will be respected, and that your loved ones will be taken care of after your death. Elderly loved ones and their families who are beginning to think about the process may need the guidance from a lawyer who is familiar with elder law and related practice areas such as estate planning. If you or a loved one need helpful direction for how to get started with financial planning, speak to an experienced attorney such as one from Johnston Martineau, PLLP now.
Elder Law Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
An elder law lawyer advocates for senior citizens and their families, and has a deep understanding of laws that affect the aging population. The trusted attorneys at Johnston Martineau, PLLP have helped many clients for years across a wide variety of practices, and take the time to listen to each client. Good communication and accessibility is essential to quality legal assistance, so they will accommodate your schedule and, if necessary, will go to you if you are unable to attend an appointment. Reach out to a lawyer to find out how you can receive help.
What a Lawyer Can Do For You
Attorneys that have a strong knowledge of elder law know that many older individuals and their families choose to create an estate plan. Estate planning can be a lengthy process which may be difficult to do without professional assistance, as there are many legal terms, concepts, and procedures involved. Since there is a lot of overlap in these topics, elder law attorneys often specialize in both topics. Here are some of the legal services a Minneapolis, Minnesota elder law lawyer can offer:
- Draft legal documents such as wills, living wills, and durable power of attorney
- Review your financial information and check your documents to make sure they are free of errors
- Explain the definition and significance of legal terms and concepts you may not be familiar with
- Assist you with decisions related to healthcare planning
- Help in choosing individuals to include in your estate plan
- File a claim for cases involving personal injury or nursing home abuse
Questions for an Elder Law Attorney
It is understandable if you are not sure what the best approach is to specify your estate planning goals. Common questions a client may have for an elder law attorney include the following:
- How do I know if I need an estate plan?
- What documents are included in an estate plan?
- Who should I include in my estate plan?
- How do I determine the value of my estate?
- Can my estate plan be updated?
Legal Assistance is Available
You do not have to create an estate plan alone. Though there is no right time to create one, is it best to prepare early while you are well enough to express how you want your estate to be handled and how you want your family to be provided for. If you are interested in learning more about how an estate plan can benefit you, contact an experienced Minneapolis, MN elder law lawyer now to schedule a free consultation.