Car Accident Lawyer St. Paul MN
If you’ve been injured in car accident, it may be a good idea to consult with a top car accident lawyer St. Paul, MN accident victims recommend. Victims of car accidents often have high medical bills, as well as a loss of wages from not being able to work. A car accident lawyer St. Paul, MN residents trust can assist you in collecting the damages you may be entitled to for your injuries.
When you need a car accident lawyer St. Paul, MN trusts, Johnston | Martineau, PLLP is a local law firm that injured victims count on. We understand how stressful it can be to file a lawsuit or negotiate a settlement after a traumatic accident.
Before talking with insurance agents or filing any legal documents, speaking with a reliable car accident lawyer St. Paul, MN can provide may be beneficial. Here’s a quick look at how a skilled lawyer may be able to assist with these complex tasks.
What Steps Do I Take After a Car Accident Involving Tailgating?
Tailgating is the process of driving too closely behind the vehicle in front of you. How close is too close? The answer to that question depends on a number of factors. What are road conditions like? What is the weather like? How is your visibility? While it may be reasonable to leave only a single car-length in between you and the car in front of you in gridlock traffic progressing at five miles per hour, it is certainly not reasonable to leave only a single car-length in between your and the car in front of you when you are driving 50 miles per hour in blinding snow in the middle of the night on a winding, unlit road.
Tailgating Accident Considerations
A St. Paul, Minnesota car accident lawyer knows that context plays a significant role in the question of fault when motorists make legal and insurance claims concerning accidents involving tailgating. It is partially for this reason that it is so important to contact an attorney as soon as you can following a tailgating accident. After you have attended to any injuries sustained in an accident, please connect with an attorney as soon as you possibly can. Not only can an attorney help you to file a police report and successfully resolve insurance claims, a lawyer from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP can also help you to file a legal claim if another party was partially or totally to blame for any harm you sustained in the accident. Speaking with an attorney as soon as possible is critical, as evidence, witness statements, and legal options may be impacted by the progression of time.
Even if you were partially to blame for your accident, you may still have grounds to file a legal claim in the wake of a tailgating accident. It may be difficult to determine exactly who was at fault or how much each party was at fault in the immediate aftermath of an accident. An attorney can help to provide clarity and advise you of your legal options after learning about the details and context surrounding your collision.
Legal Assistance Is Available
If you have recently been involved in a car accident in which tailgating may have been a contributing factor, please consider connecting with a St. Paul, MN car accident lawyer as soon as you possibly can. Your first priority must be to attend to your injuries, if you have sustained any. But as soon as you receive necessary medical care, it is important to contact an attorney.
Not only can an attorney help you through the process of filing a police report and exploring your legal options, an attorney can also help to ensure that evidence is preserved, witness statements are obtained in a timely manner, and your legal options remain viable. Even if you ultimately do not decide to pursue legal action, consulting with an attorney can help to ensure that you receive insurance settlements in a fair, timely and complete manner. Please do not hesitate to contact a trusted car accident lawyer as soon as you are able to do so.
A St. Paul Car Accident Lawyer Can Assist in Determining the Value of Your Claim
A critical component of any car accident claim is determining what a fair amount of compensation for the victim is. A car accident lawyer St. Paul, MN provides understands that insurance companies often use computer programs to analyze several factors of the accident, although this may be more useful for claims that only concern property damage. When a person is injured in an accident, it may be more difficult to determine how much compensation the victim deserves to receive for his or her injuries.
When a car accident lawyer St. Paul, MN victims depend on sits down to determine what your claim is worth, he or she may break the claim down in several different categories, including:
- Medical expenses – The total amount of all medical bills a victim has incurred, even if they were not out-of-pocket, but covered by your own personal health insurance plan;
- Property damage – The amount of damage that was done to the victim’s vehicle;
- Loss of income – The amount of wages a victim did not receive because they were unable to work because of their injuries. This amount should also include any time-off benefits they were forced to use, such as vacation or sick time;
- Future loss of income – This is the amount a victim will lose if they are unable to yet return to their job or if their injuries prohibit them from continuing to their current job;
- Estimate of future medical expenses – If the injury or injuries a victim has suffered will result in ongoing medical treatment, the victim is entitled to be compensated for those expenses; and
- Pain and suffering, other general damages – A car accident attorney in St. Paul, MN may use a multiplier to determine a fair amount for compensation for pain and suffering. After adding all the other expenses, that total is then multiplied by a number between 1.5 and 5. The multiplier is determined by examining a number of factors, including:
- How bad are the victims injuries;
- How much medical treatment was required for the injuries;
- Will there be future medical treatment required:
- Will the victim make a full recovery from their injuries;
- Will the injuries leave long-lasting or permanent effects on the victim; and
- How have the injuries impacted the victim’s daily life?
As an experienced car accident lawyer in St. Paul, MN might explain, accident victims will likely want to be sure that they are not requesting too little money in a claim. When an injury is present, there are many factors that need to be considered, and some of these factors cannot be determined easily by a program. For example, pain and suffering may be considered in an accident settlement, particularly if the victim suffered from a traumatic or disabling injury.
Denied Claims or Low Settlement Offers
Some insurance companies are not always easy to work with, as a skilled car accident lawyer in St. Paul, MN has to offer might attest. Although there are times where an insurance company may be in the right to deny a claim – such as medical records do not indicate there is an injury – it is not uncommon for insurance companies to either deny claims or try to get out of paying the victim the amount of damages they actually are entitled to.
When an insurance company denies a car accident victim’s claim without a legitimate reason, this is referred to as bad faith. A seasoned St. Paul car accident attorney has experience in dealing with these types of cases and will aggressively advocate for victims against the insurance company.
Insurance companies are also more likely to offer settlements that are below what may be considered a fair amount. Working with an experienced car accident lawyer may help an accident victim feel confident that the insurance company’s offer is reasonable.
However, if neither side can come to an agreement, it may be essential for the accident victim to take the matter to court. A car accident lawyer St. Paul, MN trusts knows that court proceedings for injury claims can be very lengthy and time-consuming, even with the assistance of a legal team. However, an experienced lawyer may be able to help the victim prepare for court and present a solid case.
A Car Accident Lawyer St. Paul, MN Can Depend On
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident, you may be able to collect financial compensation for bodily injuries. Personal injury claims for car accidents can be very beneficial to accident victims who require medical treatment to recover. Working with a skilled St. Paul, MN car accident lawyer may be helpful for those who are facing particularly difficult cases or complex claims.
At Johnston | Martineau, PLLP, we believe that every accident victim deserves the opportunity to collect financial damages for his or her injuries and we are ready to help. Our firm will use all available resources to obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
What am I entitled to after an automobile accident?
If you have experienced the tragedy of being involved in a car accident, you may want to seek legal guidance from a trusted car accident lawyer St. Paul MN residents rely on for support. A car accident can be a very stressful experience, and the aftermath can cause a financial burden. You may be entitled to receive compensation for lost wages, medical bills, property damage, and all other related expenses. An experienced St. Paul car accident lawyer from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP may help provide the necessary legal action needed in order to obtain fair compensation.
If you are seeking reimbursement for property damage you may want to determine which types of damages that you may be entitled to collect from those responsible. A trusted car accident lawyer may suggest those damages and compensation could include but are not limited to:
- Damage done to the vehicle.
- Personal property damage: items such as a computer, bike on a carrier, or other valuables may be entitled to compensation.
- You may be reimbursed for the use of a rental car while your personal vehicle is being repaired.
- Typically, the insurance companies involved will offer a low settlement which is in their best interest rather than the victim’s. If you do not feel as though the insurance company is offering you an adequate settlement, you may want to seek the legal counsel of a car accident lawyer St. Paul MN residents can rely on. An attorney from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP may be able to negotiate a higher amount on your behalf.
Many people are also able to obtain reimbursement related to personal injury. A skillful car accident lawyer in St. Paul MN may be able to help you receive compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, or lost wages.
- Medical Expenses: Whether the accident was minor or severe you are still eligible to receive reimbursement for any kind of injury. A car accident lawyer St. Paul MN trusts may be able to help you receive coverage for costs such as: ambulance fees, crutches, heating pads, physical or cognitive therapy, permanent disability, in-home services, and much more.
- Pain and Suffering: This refers to mental or physical distress. A car accident can lead to high levels of mental or emotional damage such as anxiety or stress. Post-traumatic stress disorder is a common example.
- Lost Wages: A car accident can make it impossible for you to perform your job duties and require time off from work to recover. During your absence from work you may be able to collect compensation for the money you are missing out on.
Unfortunately, insurance companies do not always have the victim’s best interests in mind. Even if you feel confident negotiating a settlement on your own, you may wish to call a trusted car accident lawyer St. Paul MN citizens depend on from from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP.
To schedule your case evaluation with a top car accident lawyer St. Paul, MN trusts, call our office today at 651-269-8463 or toll-free at 1-877-791-7790.
“The entire team at Johnston Martineau is very personable and truly care about their clients. They go the extra mile to help out their people and community. Would highly recommend.”