MVA Lawyer Minneapolis MN
After suffering injuries in a motor vehicle accident, you may wish to consult a top MVA lawyer Minneapolis, MN offers. The attorneys of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP are available to review your case and may help you determine whether a lawyer could help your case.
Not every victim of an accident needs a Minneapolis, MN MVA lawyer to help them file a claim. However, under certain circumstances, this may be advisable. This could be especially true if your case may end up in court.
The Most Common MVA Injuries
If you’re lucky, any injury you sustain in a car accident will be minor and require little to no medical attention. However, some car accident victims are not so lucky and receive injuries that can result in temporary or permanent disability, paralysis, or even death.
Depending on many factors, such as the direction, speed, and force of the impact, just about any part of the body can be injured in a car accident. However, some injuries are more likely to occur in a collision than others.
- Cuts and Scrapes
The force of a collision can send any loose objects inside the vehicle hurtling into the air: books, cell phones, purses, etc. You can receive cuts, scrapes, or bruises to the skin if any of these projectiles comes in contact with your body. If your vehicle has an airbag that deploys during the accident, that can cause cuts and scrapes as well. If a cut is serious and results in bleeding it may require stitches, but minor scrapes usually require no medical attention.
- Broken Bones
Due to the unnatural amount of force your body encounters during a car accident, it is common for bones in the hips, legs, arms, and shoulders to become broken. Broken ribs are also common in car accidents because the impact can propel your torso into the steering wheel. In addition to the long recovery and pain associated with broken ribs, they also have the potential to puncture a lung, which is a medical emergency.
The force of an impact can cause your head to move violently back and forth, putting strain on the ligaments, muscles, and tendons of your neck. The pain and other symptoms that frequently result from this undue strain are collectively referred to as whiplash and occur most frequently after a rear-end collision.
- Internal Bleeding
Bleeding of the internal organs may not be recognized immediately after a crash, but the longer it goes untreated, the more dangerous it can be. This is one reason why it is important to receive medical attention following a car accident.
- Traumatic Head Injuries
A severe blow to the head can cause brain damage, which can impair function and cause long-term problems. The chance of complications is minimized with prompt treatment.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
It’s not only the body that can be adversely affected in a car accident, but the mind as well. PTSD results from traumatic experiences and causes psychological symptoms like flashbacks and panic attacks that make it difficult to function.
You may be entitled to compensation if you sustained moderate-to-severe injuries in a car accident. Contact our office today for more information.
How a Lawyer Can Help in an MVA Case
If the victim of a motor vehicle accident suffered serious injuries due to another driver’s negligence, the help of a lawyer may be necessary to get fairly compensated. In the absence of fair compensation, the victim may be unable to pay their medical bills. If they also can’t work because of their injuries, they may be unable to pay even basic bills. Unfortunately, bill collectors often don’t consider that a motor vehicle accident caused the victim’s injuries.
- An experienced MVA lawyer in Minneapolis, MN understands the claims process. The attorneys of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP know what pitfalls to avoid so that the claim is accepted the first time. They make every effort to get their clients paid promptly by the insurance company.
- If the insurance company refuses to pay a fair settlement or denies your claim, the threat of a lawsuit might encourage them to reconsider. An MVA lawyer Minneapolis, MN insurance companies respect could make all the difference.
- An experienced MVA lawyer Minneapolis, MN commuters rely on would likely be familiar with applicable laws and legal procedures that affect your claim. The knowledge that the attorneys of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP offer may be invaluable to you. It could make the difference between a claim being denied or being accepted, and may help you receive your settlement more quickly.
- An MVA lawyer Minneapolis, MN drivers turn to for legal help knows what general deadlines must be met in order for a claim to be filed against the liable party. This could be especially important if you are forced to pursue litigation. If the statute of limitations expires before you can file your lawsuit, your opportunity for recovering damages may be gone forever. If an extension is possible, an experienced attorney may better understand under what circumstances this might be possible. The legal team of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP works to make sure the deadlines for our clients are met in time.
- When someone suffers a serious injury as a result of a motor vehicle accident, the last thing they may want to do is concern themselves with legal issues and researching how to handle their own accident claim. If the case develops into a lawsuit, an injured motorist may find they need a lawyer. If the lawyer has handled their case from the beginning, this transition may be much easier.
If you’ve suffered serious injuries in an auto accident, call us today at Johnston | Martineau, PLLP to arrange a free consultation with an MVA lawyer Minneapolis, MN victims trust.
An Injury Lawyer Respects You Can Rely On
A trustworthy MVA lawyer in Minneapolis, MN understands that motor vehicle accidents can be devastating and impact not only the victim, but everyone in their immediate life. Thousands of dollars in medical costs and the inability to work might seem like a situation that is impossible to cope with. Add in the physical pain, emotional stress, and other losses and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and frustrated. All of this might become amplified when the accident was not your fault. Luckily, there may be options that could alleviate some of these concerns and help you with your recovery. If you would like to learn what these options might be, you can talk with a MVA lawyer serving Minneapolis, MN at Johnston | Martineau, PLLP immediately.
The Value of Your Case
Naturally, one of the first questions a prospective claimant has is regarding the value of their case. It is impossible for a MVA lawyer for Minneapolis, MN to put an exact amount on your case without knowing extensive details. Any attorney who promises a certain amount is not adhering to their code of ethics, and you might want to reconsider working with them.
In general terms, the physical and psychological injuries that result from a car crash can impact your entire life. Pain could restrict you from doing activities you once enjoyed and the psychological trauma may hinder you from partaking in daily tasks such as driving. Nearly one in ten car accidents cause the victim to have chronic pain forever.
Another group of victims might experience job loss or relationship problems. It is possible to miss out on career advancements, favorite hobbies, and family activities. You are entitled to any of these applicable losses, current and future, as well as those which are concrete or abstract. A Minneapolis, MN MVA lawyer can investigate your case in full to determine what you have lost now and in the future.
Determining Who is At Fault
A car accident can be caused by innumerable factors, but many are the result of another driver’s negligence, unsafe roads, or vehicle defects. In a small number of cases it is unclear who is at fault, and even in these situations, you may still recover compensation.
Your MVA lawyer in Minneapolis, MN from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP will carefully review the finite details of your collision and analyze any available evidence to identify the liable party. In the past, liable parties have included:
- The driver of another vehicle
- A motorcyclist or bicyclist
- A pedestrian
- A road defect
- A vehicular defect
- A government entity
To prove negligence, an injury lawyer will need to prove that the liable party failed to act in a reasonable manner, and because of this, they caused the crash. Examples of negligence include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to signal
- Failure to yield or stop
- Driving under the influence
- Speeding or racing
- Driving with the intention to intimidate
- Poorly maintained roadways
- Tire blowouts
- Defective parts
Regardless of the what happened, if you were injured, your property was damaged, and you believe another party should be held liable, the car accident attorney’s from our firm would like to offer you a free review of your case. To schedule an appointment with an experienced, tenacious, and smart MVA lawyer serving Minneapolis, MN, call Johnston | Martineau, PLLP today.
“I have been working with Chris Martineau for the past couple of years on a personal injury case. Chris has been a great source of knowledge and responds very quickly to any questions or concerns I have had. I appreciate how Chris listens my concerns and speaks to me as a person and not just another case. He and the entire team is great to work with!”