Bicycle Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN
Bicycle Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN
As more people move to Minneapolis and adapt to a urban, city environment, many choose to replace their car with a more flexible method of transportation, such as a bicycle. This could be a leading reason as to why there has been an increase in bike accidents. If you have been injured while riding a bike in Minneapolis MN, call a bicycle accident lawyer at Johnston | Martineau, PLLP to find out if you have a legal claim.
When a collision between a bike and a vehicle occurs, the cyclist often experiences serious injuries including:
- Head trauma
- Brain injury
- Spinal injury
- Neck or shoulder injury
- Broken bones
- Severe road rash and lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Broken ribs
- + More
These injuries can take several months or even years to recover from, and sometimes, the cyclist will never regain full bodily function after the crash. At Johnston | Martineau, PLLP, we have represented many accident victims in the Minneapolis MN area. We understand the entire breadth of laws and rules specific to these cases, and we’re ready to provide experienced and dependable representation.
Compensation for Bicycle Accidents
Under Minneapolis MN laws, cyclists who have been injured because of negligence or wrongdoing may be able to file a legal claim against the responsible party. Compensation may be available for:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
Non-economic damages and punitive damages might also be included in your legal claim. This will be dependent upon your case, the insurance policy, and state laws. If your family member died in a bike accident, our lawyers may help you to file a wrongful death claim. Rest assured, we know how critical this claim may be for you and your loved ones. An experienced bicycle accident lawyer can stand up for your rights, ensure you are not taken advantage of, and maximize your recovery.
Bicycle Accident Laws
It’s likely that your bike accident claim will allege that another party, such as a driver who collided with your bike, was negligent. Examples of negligence include:
- Failing to yield
- Distracted driving
- Changing lanes without warning
To prove negligence in your case, a bicycle accident lawyer will need to prove:
- Duty – The defendant (alleged negligent party) owed a duty to the plaintiff (victim).
- Breach – The defendant failed to adhere to this duty, known as a breach.
- Causation – The breach resulted in injury.
- Damages – The injuries caused legally recognizable damages, such as medical expenses, and have left you worse off than you were before the accident.
It is not always a straightforward process to prove negligence, which is why you should have the guidance of a skilled bike accident lawyer.
Should I hire a bicycle accident lawyer?
This is a question you may want to ask a bicycle accident lawyer Minneapolis MN riders turn to for legal advice. At, our attorneys have helped thousands of injury victims recover damages from those responsible for causing them harm.
We offer a free, no-obligation case review. Call us today to schedule an appointment with attorney Christopher Johnston or Christopher Martineau. With nothing to lose, we encourage you to contact our office.
The Advantages of Hiring a Bicycle Accident Lawyer
In bicycle accidents, the negligent party is very often the motorist. Unfortunately, in bicycle versus car collisions, the bicyclist is usually the one who suffers injuries, and they can be quite serious, if not fatal. Hiring an attorney can offer these advantages:
- A Minneapolis bicycle accident lawyer may help protect your rights and offer the greatest likelihood that your claim will be accepted and paid out promptly.
- If you do not have adequate medical insurance to cover your immediate needs, you may not be able to get medical care if your claim is denied or delayed. An experienced bicycle accident lawyer in Minneapolis MN knows how to expedite a claim if the insurance company is dragging its feet.
- If you try to negotiate the settlement on your own, chances are good that you will not receive the maximum amount of compensation that you deserve. With a bicycle accident lawyer Minneapolis MN insurance companies respect at your side, they may be more likely to offer fair compensation. They are also more likely to pay it quickly, rather than end up in court.
- A bicycle accident lawyer who victims rely on to recover their damages will know the various costs associated with your injury that can be included in the claim. For instance, did you know that if the injury you suffered prevents you from working, you can include lost wages as part of your damages? In addition to lost wages and your medical bills from the injury, you may also be entitled to reimbursement for the following costs:
- Physical rehabilitation
- Vocational rehabilitation if you’re unable to continue working in your job
- Permanent disability
A bicycle accident lawyer may help make sure your claim is accepted by preparing a strong case. The attorneys of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP have a network of experts on whom they can call when needed. If your case needs testimony from a medical expert to explain your injuries, they may consult with a doctor who can provide the facts. If your case or lawsuit requires expert testimony of a different sort, they can rely on their network to find the right person.
Learn More About Filing a Bicycle Accident Claim
Bike accident claims can be complex and take a great deal of time and dedication to recover a fair and just amount. Johnston | Martineau, PLLP may be able to help you recover your damages following a bicycle accident. Call us today to make an appointment for a free case review with a bicycle accident lawyer Minneapolis MN riders trust.