Car Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN
If you have been injured in a vehicle collision, you may want to get advice from a respectable car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN drivers trust. The lawyers of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP work hard to pursue maximum compensation for victims and their loved ones. Who Is Responsible When Someone Is Injured In A Drunk Driving Accident?
Every claim we handle begins with a complimentary consultation with one of our firm’s lawyers. During this time, we listen to what you have to say and may let you know what options you have to move forward. You will also have the opportunity to learn about our legal team, our experience, and our approach. You can ask personal questions and count on an honest, fair, and unbiased answer. To schedule your consultation with a Minneapolis car accident lawyer at Johnston | Martineau, PLLP, please call (651) 269-8463.
What Damages Can I Claim in a Car Accident Lawsuit
If you were involved in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to several types of damages. There are several damages a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN trusts may help you obtain:
- Medical Bills: If you were injured the car accident, you may be compensated for your doctor’s visits, surgeries and other medical bills. Keep copies of these medical bills in a safe place so that you can show them to the insurance company.
- Vehicle Damage: Whether your vehicle endured minor or major damage during the accident, your car accident lawyer in Minneapolis MN could help you get reimbursed for mechanic costs.
- Lost Wages: If you were hurt badly during the car accident, you may have had to miss time from work. Those lost wages can add up and you deserve to be compensated for them. If you win your lawsuit with the help of a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN respects, you might collect lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Some car accident injuries can leave long-term physical and emotional suffering, as a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN offers can confirm. If this is the case, you may be entitled to pain and suffering damages.
What Are Common Causes of Car Crashes?
Unfortunately, car accidents occur on a daily basis in the United States. They can cause severe injuries, like concussions, back injuries, and even fatalities. While some of these accident are caused by unsafe road conditions and poor weather, many others are caused by driver error, such as:
- Driver Fatigue: A car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN counts on may have represented clients who were in accidents caused by fatigued drivers. Drivers who are running on little sleep may have trouble focusing on the road ahead and collide with other vehicles.
- Distracted Driving: When drivers take their focus off the road for any reason, such as texting on a cellphone, they are more likely to cause an accident. To keep everyone on the road safe, drivers should remove all distractions while they are behind the wheel.
- Speeding: Not everyone obeys the speed limit. Some drivers may be in a hurry to get somewhere and think that they can get away with going 10 or more miles over the speed limit. Unfortunately, this is a major cause of accidents that a Minneapolis car accident lawyer may see. When drivers drive too fast, they have slower reactions times and can’t slow down as easily when they need to.
- Drunk Driving: Drunk driving accidents still occur on a regular basis, as a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN depends on can attest. When drivers drink too many alcoholic beverages before getting behind the wheel, they have slower reaction times and can’t concentrate on the road very well. Drunk drivers are more likely to crash into other vehicles on the road.
- Tips on What to Do After a Car Accident
How will a lawyer know if I have a claim?
As you might already be aware, not all car accidents lead to a viable legal claim. When a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN can provide reviews your case, he or she may examine various factors to determine whether or not it is legally pursuable.
It is impossible for a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN has to offer to tell if you have a claim without knowing the details your own unique situation. That said, there are a few general things that can be considered. A car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN families respect may first try to determine who is at fault. Did another driver do something carelessly, such as failing to signal when turning, running a red light, or drive while under the influence? The lawyer might also examine your own contribution to the accident: were you, in any way, careless? Both of these circumstances could be a factor as to whether or not a claim can be filed. Due to their complexities, it’s a good idea to explain the situation to a car accident lawyer in Minneapolis MN.
Once a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN residents trust has an understanding of who might be at fault, he or she may assess the damages involved. If the damages are minor, pursuing compensation might not be ideal because the costs may outweigh the recovery. On the other hand, if the damages, both physical health or property, are extensive, compensation may be pursued.
Finally, before a lawyer can tell you if you have a claim, he or she may want to focus on the available insurance coverage. If the other driver does not have insurance, or enough coverage, your insurance might cover it. This matter is highly intricate and generally involves a review of the policies in addition to the actual incident.
The decision to continue the process of filing a legal claim is ultimately made by you and your loved ones. What’s most important is that you work with an experienced Minneapolis car accident lawyer you can trust, such as one from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP. Learn about How to Choose a Car Accident Lawyer?
How to find the best car accident lawyer in Minneapolis MN?
Getting into a car accident can create many more problems than being late to a work meeting or needing to get your car repainted. It can add extreme stress to your life as you question who was at fault for the accident, how you will pay for your medical bills, how you will pay for the damage to your car, and even how you can receive compensation for the pain and suffering you have endured. While all of these questions can seem overwhelming as you begin the road to recovery, finding out who the best car accident lawyer in Minneapolis, MN is can be extremely beneficial when you go to make your claim. Arguing with someone else’s insurance will likely only make your healing take more time and add even more stress to your life, so having an attorney on your side who can negotiate for you on your behalf can alleviate your burdens. For more information on who the best car accident lawyer in Minneapolis, MN is and how they can help you, contact the law firm of Johnston Martineau PLLP today.
How can the best car accident lawyer in Minneapolis help my case?
When you have a professional on your side who understands the laws behind negligence and car accidents, you know you have someone on your team who will aggressively argue on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. Your attorney will make sure you what the statute of limitations are when it comes to filing your claim so you do not lose out on any possible portion of compensation.
Additionally, your attorney can advise you when it is best to file a lawsuit—if one is necessary at all. When this happens, your attorney can represent you in court and can also help you get a fair settlement instead of needing to go to trial.
Negotiating With the Insurance Company
Most people are not experienced negotiators when it comes to getting the compensation they deserve through an insurance company. Insurance agents, on the other hand, do this every day and know how to make a low-ball offer sound sweeter than it actually is. Instead of settling for an offer that will not cover your expenses, hire an lawyer in Minneapolis, MN who can point you in the right direction and tell you when you would not get fair compensation. Your attorney can gather the necessary evidence for your claim, including items like:
- Witness Statements
- Police Reports, and
- Medical Bills
Your Attorney Will Be Your Best Advocate
Many times, insurance companies know that a person does not have the legal knowledge or insurance knowledge when it comes to arguing for a fair settlement. Your attorney, however, can be your best advocate against an insurance company and your best advocate if you need to go to court. When it comes to getting the compensation you deserve after an accident, you should never have to settle for partial compensation while you are stuck footing the rest of the bill. Instead, go with the best car accident lawyer in Minneapolis, MN to represent you after you were the victim in a car accident.
Your First Consultation Is Free
Even if you are not completely sure about having a legal claim, you risk nothing but a little bit of your time because your first consultation is free. If you would like to know more about your options, please call Johnston | Martineau, PLLP at (651) 269-8463 to speak with a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN residents count on.