Car Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN
If you have been injured in a vehicle collision, you may want to get advice from a respectable car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN drivers trust. The lawyers of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP work hard to pursue maximum compensation for victims and their loved ones.
Every claim we handle begins with a complimentary consultation with one of our firm’s lawyers. During this time, we listen to what you have to say and may let you know what options you have to move forward. You will also have the opportunity to learn about our legal team, our experience, and our approach. You can ask personal questions and count on an honest, fair, and unbiased answer. To schedule your consultation with a Minneapolis car accident lawyer at Johnston | Martineau, PLLP, please call (651) 269-8463.
What Damages Can I Claim in a Car Accident Lawsuit
If you were involved in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to several types of damages. There are several damages a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN trusts may help you obtain:
- Medical Bills: If you were injured the car accident, you may be compensated for your doctor’s visits, surgeries and other medical bills. Keep copies of these medical bills in a safe place so that you can show them to the insurance company.
- Vehicle Damage: Whether your vehicle endured minor or major damage during the accident, your car accident lawyer in Minneapolis MN could help you get reimbursed for mechanic costs.
- Lost Wages: If you were hurt badly during the car accident, you may have had to miss time from work. Those lost wages can add up and you deserve to be compensated for them. If you win your lawsuit with the help of a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN respects, you might collect lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Some car accident injuries can leave long-term physical and emotional suffering, as a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN offers can confirm. If this is the case, you may be entitled to pain and suffering damages.
What Are Common Causes of Car Crashes?
Unfortunately, car accidents occur on a daily basis in the United States. They can cause severe injuries, like concussions, back injuries, and even fatalities. While some of these accident are caused by unsafe road conditions and poor weather, many others are caused by driver error, such as:
- Driver Fatigue: A car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN counts on may have represented clients who were in accidents caused by fatigued drivers. Drivers who are running on little sleep may have trouble focusing on the road ahead and collide with other vehicles.
- Distracted Driving: When drivers take their focus off the road for any reason, such as texting on a cellphone, they are more likely to cause an accident. To keep everyone on the road safe, drivers should remove all distractions while they are behind the wheel.
- Speeding: Not everyone obeys the speed limit. Some drivers may be in a hurry to get somewhere and think that they can get away with going 10 or more miles over the speed limit. Unfortunately, this is a major cause of accidents that a Minneapolis car accident lawyer may see. When drivers drive too fast, they have slower reactions times and can’t slow down as easily when they need to.
- Drunk Driving: Drunk driving accidents still occur on a regular basis, as a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN depends on can attest. When drivers drink too many alcoholic beverages before getting behind the wheel, they have slower reaction times and can’t concentrate on the road very well. Drunk drivers are more likely to crash into other vehicles on the road.
- Tips on What to Do After a Car Accident
How will a lawyer know if I have a claim?
As you might already be aware, not all car accidents lead to a viable legal claim. When a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN can provide reviews your case, he or she may examine various factors to determine whether or not it is legally pursuable.
It is impossible for a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN has to offer to tell if you have a claim without knowing the details your own unique situation. That said, there are a few general things that can be considered. A car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN families respect may first try to determine who is at fault. Did another driver do something carelessly, such as failing to signal when turning, running a red light, or drive while under the influence? The lawyer might also examine your own contribution to the accident: were you, in any way, careless? Both of these circumstances could be a factor as to whether or not a claim can be filed. Due to their complexities, it’s a good idea to explain the situation to a car accident lawyer in Minneapolis MN.
Once a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN residents trust has an understanding of who might be at fault, he or she may assess the damages involved. If the damages are minor, pursuing compensation might not be ideal because the costs may outweigh the recovery. On the other hand, if the damages, both physical health or property, are extensive, compensation may be pursued.
Finally, before a lawyer can tell you if you have a claim, he or she may want to focus on the available insurance coverage. If the other driver does not have insurance, or enough coverage, your insurance might cover it. This matter is highly intricate and generally involves a review of the policies in addition to the actual incident.
The decision to continue the process of filing a legal claim is ultimately made by you and your loved ones. What’s most important is that you work with an experienced Minneapolis car accident lawyer you can trust, such as one from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP. Learn about How to Choose a Car Accident Lawyer?
Your First Consultation Is Free
Even if you are not completely sure about having a legal claim, you risk nothing but a little bit of your time because your first consultation is free. If you would like to know more about your options, please call Johnston | Martineau, PLLP at (651) 269-8463 to speak with a car accident lawyer Minneapolis MN residents count on.