Personal Injury Lawyer Minneapolis MN
How do I get compensation from a hotel for a slip and fall accident?
To speak with a skilled personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN offers, contact the law firm of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP at (651) 504-1398. Slip and fall accidents can lead to very serious injuries. An experienced Minneapolis personal injury lawyer can help you get justice from the company and individuals who were responsible for the accident. An attorney from our firm can help you get compensation from the at-fault party to pay for your accident costs as well as for pain and suffering.
When staying at a hotel, it’s a reasonable expectation that the building, parking garage, and surrounding grounds are safe to walk in without the risk of falling. When a hazardous condition develops, the hotel’s owner and/or manager has the responsibility to address the hazard and at the very least, warning guest of the danger. If those responsible for maintenance of the hotel are negligent or careless about neutralizing the hazard, and someone is injured, they can be held responsible. A personal injury lawyer in Minneapolis MN from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP can help prove the hotel’s liability for your injury.
- A personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN residents turn to for legal representation will have to prove two things in order to win compensation for their client.
The hotel’s staff were aware of the hazardous condition and had time and the ability to fix it before the victim was hurt by that hazard. Even if they were not aware but should have been, a judge can determine that the personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN victims hired did, in fact, meet this requirement.
- The hotel had the ability to fix the hazard but did not fix it. Even if the hazard was caused by another guest, such as if they dropped liquid on the floor, the hotel should have adequate staff to clean the floor. Also, the problem is easily addressed.
Common Scenarios of Hotel Slip and Fall Injury Accidents
Every slip and fall accident is unique because the details will never be identical. A personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN locals trust can review your case and how your slip and fall accident occurred. This will help in the building of your case for an injury claim, and in developing a legal strategy if a lawsuit is unavoidable. Here are some of the most common hotel slip and fall accident scenarios:
- Icy or wet sidewalks, walkways, parking lots, or garage floors;
- Wet pool deck surfaces or faulty diving boards;
- Unsafe ski hill conditions, broken or faulty ski lifts, or unsafe trails;
- Torn, worn, or loose carpet in hallways or hotel rooms; and
- Leaky pipes or faucets that create pools of water on the hotel room floor, hallways, elevators, gift shop, restaurant, or other area.
Let a Minneapolis Personal Injury Lawyer Help Recover Your Accident Damages
Contact a personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN accident victims rely on to fight for their rights by calling Johnston | Martineau, PLLP at (651) 504-1398.