Personal Injury Lawyer In Minneapolis MN
If a hazardous or precariously designed area or building has led to you slipping, falling, and injuring yourself, finding a personal injury lawyer St. Paul MN clients know they can turn to may help you right the situation. Personal injury claims for slip and fall cases are defined by whether or not you are able to hold a property owner liable for your accident and subsequent injuries. Working with a St. Paul personal injury lawyer can help you determine whether you have a valid claim based on the property or business owner’s negligence.
How Do I Get Compensation from a Hotel for a Slip and Fall Accident?
To speak with a skilled personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN offers, contact the law firm of Johnston | Martineau, PLLP at (651) 269-8463. Slip and fall accidents can lead to very serious injuries. An experienced Minneapolis personal injury lawyer can help you get justice from the company and individuals who were responsible for the accident. An attorney from our firm can help you get compensation from the at-fault party to pay for your accident costs as well as for pain and suffering.
When staying at a hotel, it’s a reasonable expectation that the building, parking garage, and surrounding grounds are safe to walk in without the risk of falling. When a hazardous condition develops, the hotel’s owner and/or manager has the responsibility to address the hazard and at the very least, warning guest of the danger. If those responsible for maintenance of the hotel are negligent or careless about neutralizing the hazard, and someone is injured, they can be held responsible. A personal injury lawyer in Minneapolis MN from Johnston | Martineau, PLLP can help prove the hotel’s liability for your injury.
How do you prove liability in a slip and fall case? An experienced personal injury lawyer St. Paul MN consults with will tell you that there are multiple parameters that go into determining negligence and liability. These are the basis of whether or not a personal injury slip and fall claim is valid.
- A personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN residents turn to for legal representation will have to prove two things in order to win compensation for their client. The first is that there were unsafe conditions, and the owner or staff had “notice.” By “notice,” it is meant that the hotel’s staff were aware of the hazardous condition and had time and the ability to fix it before the victim was hurt by that hazard. Even if they were not aware but should have been, a judge can determine that the personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN victims hired did, in fact, meet this requirement.
- The second is that the owner or staff were negligent. This would mean the hotel had the ability to fix the hazard but did not fix it. Even if the hazard was caused by another guest, such as if they dropped liquid on the floor, the hotel should have adequate staff to clean the floor. Also, the problem is easily addressed.
A skillful personal injury lawyer St. Paul MN consults in these situations will note that there are a few other points to consider when it comes to whether you have a valid claim. The lack of a posted warning can serve as evidence for negligence; for example, cones or caution signs should be set out if an area is under construction and cannot be quickly repaired. If those signs are not clearly displayed, then the property owner could be considered liable for injuries. That said, if the hazard was open and obvious, or if you did not take reasonable care in trying to avoid the hazard, it might be harder to prove someone else’s liability.
In addition, you may be advised to consider how serious your injuries are. The slip and fall claims process can be long and grueling, and minor injuries may not be worth the time; the more serious your injury, the better a decision it may be to move forward. Asking a personal injury lawyer St. Paul MN tends to choose for slip and fall cases can help you decide whether you should pursue a claim in your unique situation.
Common Scenarios of Hotel Slip and Fall Injury Accidents
Every slip and fall accident is unique because the details will never be identical. A personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN locals trust can review your case and how your slip and fall accident occurred. This will help in the building of your case for an injury claim, and in developing a legal strategy if a lawsuit is unavoidable. Here are some of the most common hotel slip and fall accident scenarios:
- Icy or wet sidewalks, walkways, parking lots, or garage floors;
- Wet pool deck surfaces or faulty diving boards;
- Unsafe ski hill conditions, broken or faulty ski lifts, or unsafe trails;
- Torn, worn, or loose carpet in hallways or hotel rooms; and
- Leaky pipes or faucets that create pools of water on the hotel room floor, hallways, elevators, gift shop, restaurant, or other area.
Let a Minneapolis Personal Injury Lawyer Help Recover Your Accident Damages
If falling on another person’s property has resulted in injuries and you think you could have a slip and fall claim, the best next step will be to get in touch with a personal injury lawyer in St. Paul MN who specializes in slip and fall cases. Having strong representation means you will be better informed regarding any local laws that could affect your case, as well as whether your claim is valid.
Contact a personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN accident victims rely on to fight for their rights by calling Johnston | Martineau, PLLP at (651) 269-8463. Our firm is experienced in personal injury cases of all types and will be diligent in seeking the best possible outcome for you. You can be sure that when you work with Johnston | Martineau, PLLP, you will be working with a personal injury lawyer St. Paul MN knows and trusts.