E Cigarette Explosion Lawyer Minneapolis, MN
If you have been injured after using an electronic vaping device, you should consult an E cigarette explosion lawyer in Minneapolis, MN as soon as possible. We at Johnston Martineau PLLP are currently accepting new clients who suffered serious injuries or burns from e-cigarette, e-cig, or vape pen explosions. Please call us today for a free case review.
Although they have become very popular over the last few years, e cigarettes are not well regulated in the U.S., and there are little rules regarding their manufacturing or distribution. As a result, many stores are aggressively selling e cigs and vape pens to customers without ensure they are safe to use. A large number of these products have potentially hazardous defect that can lead to severe burns, injuries, or even death. As an E cigarette explosion lawyer in Minneapolis, MN, we have known of defects and malfunctions that have led to:
- Loss of limb (i.e. fingers)
- Severe facial burns
- Loss of hearing or sight
- Loss of smell or taste
- Groin injuries
- Thigh injuries
- Soft tissues injuries
- Disfigurement and scarring
If you or a loved one experienced an e cigarette explosion and was harmed as a result, legal compensation for your medical care, lost wages, pain, suffering, and emotional distress may be available. Please consult a Minneapolis, MN E cigarette explosion lawyer from Johnston Martineau PLLP as quickly as possible.
E Cigarette Explosion Statistics from the U.S. Fire Administration
According to the U.S. Fire Administration and Federal Emergency Management Agency, between 2009 and 2016 there were 195 reported incidents of exploding e cigarettes or vape pens. Of these incidents, 133 caused acute injuries.
- 80 of these injuries were moderate and 38 were severe
- 61 occured when the device or a spare battery was in a pocket
- 60 occurred while the device was being used
- 48 occurred while the device was charging
- 128 incidents resulted in something nearby igniting
- 27 incidents caused moderate fire damage and 10 caused major damage
E cigarettes and vape pens use lithium-ion batteries, and nearly all of the explosions occurred because the battery:
- Contained a manufacturer defect;
- Was stored improperly;
- Was of low quality;
- Was rewrapped;
- Was damaged; or,
- Was charging on the wrong charger.
Individuals who were injured by an e cigarette explosion may have to undergo extensive surgical and skin graft procedures. Not only is the type of care costly, but it is also painful. A E cigarette explosion lawyer fromMinneapolis, MN may be able to recover damages to compensate you for your unfortunate losses.
Filing a Claim with a E cigarette Explosion Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN
If you would like to pursue a claim or lawsuit because of an exploding vape pen or e cigarette, you should know that there are statute of limitations. In other words, there is a time limit to do so which means waiting is not recommended.
- The sooner you file, the sooner you may recover monetary damages.
- The memory of any witnesses will be fresh and more reliable.
- Any evidence could be better discovered and preserved rather than being lost.
- You will be taken more seriously by the insurance company, defendant, and judge.
Let an E Cigarette Explosion Lawyer in Minneapolis, MN Help You
Our law firm has decades of experience in personal injury law and have successfully recovered millions in damages for clients across the state. If you would like to find out whether or not you have a valid case, please call an E cigarette explosion lawyer in Minneapolis, Minnesota from Johnston Martineau, PLLP, today.