Car Accident Lawyer Minneapolis, MN
If you have suffered because of negligence of another person or entity, you need to contact a car accident lawyer Minneapolis, MN trusts and know your legal rights. In many circumstances, you may be entitled to recover monetary damages as a result of a personal injury caused by someone else.
Choosing the right Minneapolis, MN car accident lawyer to represent you is vital. You need an experienced law firm, like Johnston | Martineau PLLP, on your side to fight for your rights and help you get the best financial reward. You may be experiencing serious physical and or financial burdens from the injury and the right lawyer can help ensure you receive the resources you need to recover and get back your life.
But with so many attorneys and law firms out there, all making the claim that they are the best, how do you find the right attorney for you. Here are the most important considerations to choosing a lawyer for your case.
- Find a Specialist – You wouldn’t go to an ear, nose and throat doctor to treat a stomach ailment, and neither should you choose a personal injury who doesn’t specialize in your particular type of case. Before you do anything else, narrow your search to attorneys with a demonstrated history of success in your area of need.
- Ask for Referrals – Inquire with friends and colleagues about whether they’ve had a personal injury claim and if they would recommend their attorney. Even if their case is in a different personal injury niche than yours, if they liked their attorney, chances are he or she can refer you to a specialist of similar quality. Also ask any attorneys you know personally if they can recommend an appropriate firm for you.
- Research Several Candidates – Google or Yahoo reviews are a great source of information.
- Interview Potential Attorneys – Even if a lawyer specializes in your particular type of case and gets good reviews, they still might not be a good fit for you. You need a car accident lawyer in Minneapolis, MN who knows how these complex cases work. Meet with a couple attorneys to make sure there’s a positive connection.
During the Interview – There are a number of crucial pieces of information you need to know about your attorney before you make a final decision.
- What is their win/loss rate?
- How often do they take cases to trial?
- Ask about similar cases like yours and what kind of settlement they got for former clients. You want an attorney with a proven history of high verdicts and settlements.
- Ask if you can speak to former clients. Past performance is the best predictor of future outcomes.
- Find out if they are an active member in national and state trial lawyer associations. Also check to see if they are subject to any disciplinary actions by their state Bar Association.
- Inquire about the number of lawyers in the firm and how large a support staff they have.
- Avoid lawyers that send you solicitation letters after an accident. Good lawyers do not have to fish for clients.
Hopefully, this gives you some insight into what it takes to find the right attorney for you. The law firm of Johnston | Martineau PLLP has vast experience in personal injury law and taking cases to trial when warranted. We pride ourselves on high verdicts and settlements and taking a personal approach to each and every case.
Call Johnston | Martineau PLLP today for a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable team. Work with a car accident lawyer Minneapolis, MN families can count on today!