Schedule a Free Consultation Today! | No Fees if No Recovery
Personal Injury MN Johnston Martineau

Minnesota Immigration Attorneys 

Minnesota Immigration Attorneys The chance at a better life is what motivates many immigrants from a variety of countries to move to the United States, as Minnesota immigration attorneys know well, like one at Johnston Martineau PLLP. However, getting there is not as easy or straightforward as it may seem, and factors and other circumstances may make it either easier or much harder to begin the process. For example, if you have a relative who is already a U.S. citizen, your chances may be higher than someone who has no ties in the country. Here are some common questions that you may have for an immigration attorney. 

Why should I hire an immigration lawyer? 

Immigrating to the U.S. is a highly complex process, and there are numerous and intricate laws that can be difficult to comprehend. Experienced Minnesota immigration attorneys can offer you quality legal support as you go through the immigration process. Every case is unique, so one person’s path to citizenship may look very different from what may work for you and your situation. An immigration attorney can answer all of your questions that you may have about the process so that you can go through the process with a thorough understanding of your situation. 

What are common types of visas I can apply for? 

The types of visas you can apply for depend on the nature of your stay in the U.S. There are specific visa categories for tourists, students, and travelers who go to the U.S. for a business trip. If you are granted a visa, you must only use that visa for the type of visit that it permits. A B-1 visa is given to citizens of countries who travel on business, a B-2 visa is given to tourists who want to temporarily stay for up to several months, and an F-1 visa is given to students who are enrolled in an American college or university.

Can a relative who is a U.S. citizen sponsor me? 

Whether or not you can be sponsored by a family member who is a U.S. citizen depends on your relation to them. In general, U.S. citizens can sponsor parents, their spouse, minor or adult children, and siblings. However, keep in mind that there is a limited amount of family-based visas distributed each year, so the wait time can be several years or decades. 

How long does it take to get a green card? 

A green card grants legal status to those who are intending to live and work in the U.S. as a permanent resident. It can take many years to obtain lawful status and receive a green card due to the backlog. Applicants should prepare accordingly as the process can be quite expensive as well. There are dates on the U.S. immigration visa website which show when visas are available. 

Immigration is often a challenging and long journey, as attorneys at Johnston Martineau PLLP know. If you are thinking of becoming a lawful U.S. resident, reach out to skilled Minnesota immigration attorneys for guidance. 

Sitemap | Disclaimer | Other Resources
Car Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Personal Injury Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Personal Injury Lawyer St. Paul MN | Car Accident Lawyer St. Paul MN | Cohen and Cohen | Brain Injury Lawyer St. Paul MN | Minnesota Immigration Attorneys | Truck Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN | St. Paul MN Dog Bite Lawyers | Wrongful Death Lawyer St. Paul MN | Slip and Fall Lawyer St. Paul | Resources | Slip and Fall Lawyer St. Paul MN | Truck Accident Lawyer St. Paul MN | Elder Law Lawyer St. Paul MNs | Estate Planning Lawyer St. Paul MN | Elder Law Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Estate Planning Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Elder Law Attorney Minnesota | Estate Planning Attorney Minnesota | Wrongful Death Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Slip and Fall Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Motorcycle Accident Lawyer St. Paul MN

© Copyright 2024 • Johnston | Martineau PLLP • All Rights Reserved
SEO for Lawyers Powered by Matador Solutions