Schedule a Free Consultation Today! | No Fees if No Recovery
Personal Injury MN Johnston Martineau

Everything You Need to Know About Summer Burn Injuries and Treatment

While you can have a lot fun during the summer, you can also get burned if you’re not careful. Burns are quite common in the summertime and can come from a sunburn, cookout grill and even fireworks. Let’s take a closer look at the different types of burns and treatment and prevention.

Levels of Burns

  • First Degree Burn: The most common type of burn, a first-degree burn affects just the outer layer of the skin and can result in mild swelling, redness and skin peeling.
  • Second Degree Burn: A second-degree burn affects the first and second layers of skin and may cause blistering. The pain can be severe.
  • Third Degree Burn: Impacting the fatty layer below the dermis, a third-degree burn can lead to white or blackened charred skin and numbness.
  • Fourth Degree Burn: The most severe type of burn, a fourth-degree burn hurts the muscles and bones. This burn can blacken the skin and cause massive nerve ending damage.

What Causes Burns?

There are many things that can cause burns, like fire, radiation, friction, the sun, electricity, chemicals and heated objects. Some of these burns occur because of another person’s or entity’s negligence. For example, if a person sets off a firework and burns you, he or she can be held liable.

If your burn is the result of someone else’s negligence, you may want to speak to a Personal Injury Lawyer Washington DC trusts. He or she may help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other losses.

Treatment of Burns

The type of treatment you receive will depend on the severity of your burn. First-degree burns can normally heal with topical ointments and over-the-counter pain medications like Tylenol. Second-degree burns are a little more severe and may require antibiotic ointment or creams prescribed by your doctor. Third and fourth-degree burns may require skin grafting and IV antibiotics and fluids.

If your burn is beyond a first-degree burn, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. If you don’t see a doctor soon, you may experience permanent damage to the skin, including scarring and hair loss. If you do lose your hair, you may want to contact a hair transplant surgeon. He or she can help you restore your hair with treatments such as plasma rich therapy (PRP therapy) and hair transplant procedures.

Whenever you’re near open flames this summer, it’s important to be careful. However, if you do get burned, there are legal and medical options available to you.

A special thanks to our authors at Brynn Law for their insight into personal injury cases.

Sitemap | Disclaimer | Other Resources
Canine Attack Injury Lawyers St. Paul MN |Bicycle Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Car Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Rochester MN | Motorcycle Accident Lawyer St. Paul MN | MVA Lawyer Minneapolis MN | MVA Lawyer St. Paul MN | Negligent Security Attorneys Minnesota | Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Personal Injury Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Slip and Fall Lawyer | Wrongful Death Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Motorcycle Accident Lawyer St. Paul MN | Personal Injury Lawyer St. Paul MN | Car Accident Lawyer St. Paul MN | Brain Injury Lawyer St. Paul MN | Minnesota Immigration Attorneys | Truck Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN | St. Paul MN Dog Bite Lawyers | Wrongful Death Lawyer St. Paul MN | Slip and Fall Lawyer St. Paul | Bicycle Accident Lawyer St. Paul MN | Resources | MVA Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Truck Accident Lawyer Minneapolis MN | Negligent Security Attorneys St. Paul, MN | Slip and Fall Lawyer Minneapolis, MN | Slip and Fall Lawyer St. Paul MN | Sports Injury Lawyer Twin Cities MN | Minnesota Immigration Attorneys | Truck Accident Lawyer St. Paul MN

© Copyright 2021 • Johnston | Martineau PLLP • All Rights Reserved
Website Optimization Provided by: Matador Solutions