Personal Injury FAQ
Personal Injury Lawyer Minneapolis MN
When you’re looking for a personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN provides to residents, it’s important to research all of your available options before choosing the right one. Johnston | Martineau, PLLP is a law firm experienced in personal injury claims. With years protecting and defending our clients’ rights, we have developed a sound strategy that gets successful results. Whether you or a loved one has been injured, you should contact a Minneapolis personal injury lawyer you can count on. To speak with Johnston | Martineau, PLLP now, please call 651-ANY-TIME.
Personal Injury FAQ
Before you reach out to a personal injury lawyer in Minneapolis MN you may have general questions about the legal process as a whole. By discovering their respective answers, you may be able to prepare a basic outline of personalized questions to ask during your initial free consultation.
I was involved in a car accident in Minneapolis, what should I do now?
- The first thing you should do is call the police, or 911. If you believe another driver has committed a criminal offense, such as drunk driving, you may want to let the operator know.
- Next, it’s recommended to avoid admitting to liability, making an agreement to pay for all or some of the damages, or accepting an on-the-spot settlement offer.
- Try to get the name and phone number of all witnesses, and write down the details concerning the driver(s) involved. This includes the name, address, phone number, license plate number, driver’s license number, insurance company and policy number.
- If possible take pictures and videos of the accident and injuries.
- If police did not come to the scene, as in the case of certain accidents, make a report as soon as possible.
Continue to avoid making any statements to the individual or their insurance provider. Contact a personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN respects as soon as possible.
What are some common personal injuries?
There are many types of accidents that can lead to personal injuries, such as slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice and car accidents. Some personal injuries are quite minor and don’t result in permanent damage while others are life-changing. If you’ve sustained any of the following injuries, you might consider speaking with a personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN trusts:
- Head Injuries: A personal injury lawyer in Minneapolis MN may have represented many clients with head injuries. An injury to the head can range from mild to severe. If a head injury isn’t examined and treated by a doctor right away, it may lead to further complications. Treatments for head injuries depend on the severity. For example, if you suffered a mild concussion, proper rest might be all you need to make a full recovery. However, if you have a severe traumatic brain injury, surgery and rehabilitation may be required.
- Cuts and Scrapes: Cuts and scrapes are one of the more minor personal injuries a personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN respects may see in clients. These injuries rarely become serious, but they should still be examined by a doctor.
- Back Injuries: If your back gets injured during an accident, it can lead to excruciating pain and make it difficult to move around. More severe back injuries can result in partial or full paralysis. It’s critical to see a doctor right away so that he or she can recommend the best treatment.
- Broken Bones: A personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN relies on may have also helped victims recover compensation for broken bones. Breaking a small bone is unlikely to result in permanent disability, but it can make your life more for challenging for a while. For example, if you broke your leg and your job requires you to move around a lot, you might not be able to return to work for a while.
What happens if I have already started a claim process on my own?
Depending on how far you’ve gotten or whether or not you’ve officially agreed to anything could reflect upon the ability to file a claim with a personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN offers. It’s advisable to contact Johnston | Martineau, PLLP to discuss your situation in further detail.
The insurance company said I don’t need a lawyer. Is this true?
The interests of you and the interests of an insurance company may not be the same. An insurance provider is not able to offer you legal advice, and anything they may say is often misconstrued. Regardless of what you’re being told you should seek a trusted, free opinion from a lawyer who’s on your side.
How long does it take to settle a personal injury lawsuit?
If you are filing a personal injury lawsuit, you are likely wondering how long the process will take. It’s difficult to give an exact timeframe because every case is different. Some cases settle in just a few months while others take years to settle. If you and your Minneapolis personal injury lawyer have agreed to take your case to trial, you can expect it to take more than a year to come to a settlement.
Waiting for your case to settle can be frustrating, but it’s important to be patient and let your personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN depends on do their job. If your personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN offers believes you have a good chance of winning a higher settlement if you go to trial, it may be best to follow his or her advice.
What types of damages can I seek?
This can depend on the individual factors of your claim and total extent of the damages. In general compensation may cover:
- Past and future medical treatment
- Past and future lost wagers
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages (*when applicable)
- Vehicular or material damages
How much will a lawyer cost me?
With personal injuries, most lawyers may work on a contingency fee basis which means if your case is not won you do not have to pay anything.
Johnston | Martineau, PLLP: A Personal Injury Lawyer You Can Count On
No matter what the details of your story may be, if you or a family member has been injured from the wrongdoing or careless actions of another party, Johnston | Martineau, PLLP would like to speak with you. For a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer Minneapolis MN residents can turn to for advice, please call 651-ANY-TIME.